You must not be given Stamaril if you or your child:
• are allergic (hypersensitive) to eggs, chicken proteins or any of the ingredients of Stamaril
• have experienced a serious reaction after a previous dose of any yellow fever vaccine
• have a poor or weakened immune system for any reason such as illness or medical treatments (for example corticoids or chemotherapy)
• have a weakened immune system due to HIV infection. Your doctor will advise you if you can still have Stamaril based on the results of your blood tests.
• are infected with HIV and have active symptoms due to the infection
• have a history of problems with your thymus gland or have had your thymus gland removed for any reason.
• have an illness with a high temperature or acute infection. The vaccination will be postponed until you have recovered
• are less than 6 months old.